We offer home repair services to homeowners so they can continue to live in safe, decent homes for years to come. Habitat for Humanity's Home Repair program is designed to improve the quality of life and living conditions of low-to moderate-income homeowners by focusing on both exterior and interior home repairs. Program categories include:
- An affordable loan is made to the homeowner to cover the cost of the work. Payments are placed in a revolving fund to help Home Preservation serve others in need. Services may include painting, residing, repair of steps, and porches, adding ramps, yard clean up, and roof repair.
Critical Home Repair
- Critical home repair is interior or exterior work performed to alleviate critical health, life and safety issues or code violations, on the interior or exterior of the home. Repairs are also included in this program.
Rock the Block
- If there are several families on your block or in your neighborhood that you feel would fit into our program criteria for Home Preservation Repairs, we can create a community event to assist those homeowners and revitalize your community. If you, your church, or your neighborhood are interested in learning more about this program, please contact Jill Sobie, Family Services Manager at email@example.com.
Program Qualification Criteria
- Own a home in Chicago South Suburbs.
- Home must be the primary residence the applicant(s) and/or qualifying household member(s).
- Homeowner must present assurance that they will stay in home for near future or for the loan duration.
- Household income must be below 80% as shown on Income Guidelines Chart. This will be determined by assessing income from all members living in the home that are 18 and older.
- There must be a demonstrated need for repair.
- Homeowner agrees to pay for the repairs through a deferred, zero interest loan.
- Homeowner is willing to partner with Habitat for Humanity Chicago South Suburbs through education and direct participation.
Income Guidelines Chart
| Household Size
|| Maximum Income
Habitat for Humanity Chicago South Suburbs will not repair the following:
Roofs with a pitch (or slope) greater than n5:12
Repairs that would cost more than 15% of the home’s value
Homes that are uninhabitable or with significant damage
Multi-family units or non-permanent structures
Homes deemed unsafe for volunteers or contracted professionals
Boats or RV’s
For further information or to apply, please contact Jill Sobie firstname.lastname@example.org