It's Hammer Time!
Fox Valley Habitat Women Build 2020
Habitat's Women Build volunteers come together from all walks of life to build stronger, safer communities. Women and children make up the majority of people populating Habitat neighborhoods, as they are the most likely to be affected by poor living conditions. Women Build events provide the opportunity for women to take a proactive step in serving their communities.
What is the Women Build program?
Women Build is a Habitat for Humanity International program that encourages women to make a difference by building homes and communities. The program seeks to encourage women volunteers to further the home-building mission of Habitat for Humanity. Since Women Builds official creation in 1991, Women Build volunteers have constructed more than 2,225 homes around the world. 2020 will mark the 4th year we have participated in a Women Build Event. We started out our first year with 15 participants and raised about $2,600. Since then, our last event had 64 participants and they exceeded our goal of $20,000 and raised $22,350! Every year we are more impressed with the growth of the participants and the dedication they show.
How can I get involved with the Women Build program?
Due to the concerns with COVID-19, we have moved Women Build 2020 to the weekend of July 31-August 1st and also August 6th & 8th. Registration is open and will end on July 15th.
Women Build is a fundraiser that helps benefit building a home for one of our partnering families. All Women Build participants need to be 18 or older and are asked to raise *$200 per each build day registered to cover the cost of the materials that will be used for the event. It's easy to achieve and we'll show you how! The best part is feeling the excitement and inspiration from so many amazing women and the satisfaction of knowing that you were a vital part of helping build a home for a deserving family.
* Your $200 fundraising goal must be completed before your event day in order to participate.
As a Women Build participant you will receive:
- A Women Build t-shirt (After half goal of $100 is achieved)
- Meet your goal of $200 and you will also receive a pair of safety glasses and gloves to match your t-shirt!
- Personalized fundraising website for each participant to send appeals & thank you emails and view the amount of money raised
- Your personal fundraising page is integrated with Facebook. Family & friends can donate on your behalf right from the fundraiser you create on Facebook. Click on the Facebook button from your personal page and follow the super easy directions!
Help us raise our goal of $50,000!
Contact Women Build Coordinator, Julie Clark for more information at: firstname.lastname@example.org.