Share God's Love Through a Habitat and Thrivent Faith Build
Habitat for Humanity and Thrivent Faith Builds bring local churches together to raise roofs, walls, funds and prayers to build a house in partnership with a family in your community.
It’s an opportunity to live out your church’s ministry, engage your members and see the miracle that occurs when God touches the hearts of new homeowners and the volunteers who work alongside them.
Join us for a life changing experience!
Since 2005, Habitat and Thrivent have partnered to help make affordable housing and better communities a reality for families, like Tia’s. We invite your church to be part of this Faith Build.
Turn faith into action
• Churches commit to partnering in the Faith Build.
• Church members generously volunteer their time, helping with construction—or non-construction—activities.
• Churches participate in the Faith Builds Generosity Challenge:
– Thrivent provides up to 50% of the home cost.
– Churches are challenged to raise the remaining home cost.
• A local family moves into their new home!
Faith Build is an ongoing event through December 2019 with build days available Wednesday through Saturday.
Choose how to serve
There are many ways for church members to get involved in a Faith Build on and off the construction site:
• Organize on-site volunteer days for your church members.
• Make a financial contribution.
• Organize a fundraising activity.
• Provide lunch for on-site workers.
• Create a welcome basket or other special items for the family.
• Participate at ground-breaking and dedication events.
• Form a prayer group.
Let's do this together!
Together, we can help a family begin a journey to strength, stability and independence through affordable home ownership. Let’s continue the conversation and collaborate on ways to make this Faith Build a success. Call/Email: Sue Ward, Director of Development 630.510.3737 ext. 302 or firstname.lastname@example.org