Fox Valley Habitat Women Build 2019
Habitat's Women Build volunteers come together from all walks of life to build stronger, safer communities. Women and children make up the majority of people populating Habitat neighborhoods, as they are the most likely to be affected by poor living conditions. Women Build events provide the opportunity for women to take a proactive step in serving their communities.
What is the Women Build program?
Women Build is a Habitat for Humanity International program that encourages women to make a difference by building homes and communities. The program seeks to encourage women volunteers to further the home-building mission of Habitat for Humanity. Since Women Build's official creation in 1998, Women Build volunteers have constructed more that 2,225 homes around the world!
How can I get involved with the Women Build program?
Fox Valley Habitat Women Build will be held May 9, 10, & 11, 2019. Women Build is a fundraiser that helps benefit the home of one of our partnering families. All Women Build participants are asked to raise *$250 to cover the cost of the materials that will be used for the event. It's easy to achieve and we'll show you how! You can also earn fun prizes at different levels of your fundraising. The best part is feeling the satisfaction of knowing that you were a vital part of helping build a home for a deserving family.
* Your $250 fundraising goal must be completed before your event day in order to participate.
Teams must be 6 people (cannot exceed 6) and the total fundraising amount per team is $1,500 (*$250 per person).
*Everyone on the team must have their $250 in before the event day in order to participate.
As a Women Build volunteer you will recieve:
- A Women Build t-shirt (After first $75 goal is acheived)
- Earn fun incentive prizes as you fundraise
- Catered Lunch on the day of the event
- Personalized fundraising website
- Your personal fundraising page is integrated with Facebook. Family & friends can donate on your behalf right from the fundrasier you create on Facebook. Click on the Facebook button from your personal page and follow the super easy directions!
Earn these fun incentive gifts as you reach milestones while fundraising:
- First *$75 to get your t-shirt to wear on your build day (*must have money in by April 24th in order to recieve a shirt)
- Earn a pair of pink work gloves when you raise 50% of your goal
- Earn a pair of pink safety glasses when you reach your goal
Help us raise our goal of $20,000!
Registration open until April 24, 2019.
Contact Women Build Coordinator, Julie Clark for more information at: email@example.com
Join us for a Women Build Kickoff Breakfast on March 9th, 2019! For details and to RSVP under Events at: www.volunteerfvhabitat.com. This is a FREE EVENT!
To learn more about the home we are dedicating as our Women Build Home for 2019, please click here.