What is Faith Build?
Grab a hammer and help build a home for a local family in need of safe, decent and affordable housing!
This year, DuPage Habitat for Humanity and Thrivent Financial have partnered for an inaugural Faith Build bringing together congregations like yours to fund and build a home for a family in need. DuPage Habitat strives to ensure every person has a safe, decent affordable home and opportunity to build a better life. We believe this calling unites us, and strive to work together with our community to build safe and affordable shelter that provides a hand up to our neighbors.
When is it?
Faith Build is an ongoing event through December 2018 with build days available Wednesday through Saturday.
Ways To Support!
- RSVP to our Faith Build Kick-off Breakfast on May 25
- Sign-up as an Individual or Team!
- SPREAD THE WORD! Share our promotional poster, online or printed, and spread the word in your community!
- Collect offline donations of checks or cash to support our mission! CLICK HERE to view our offline donation form to mail in with cash and check gifts collected.
- Thrivent Members! Donate your Action Team(s) to raise funds, recognize volunteers or support construction of this Faith Build home.
- Thrivent Members! Donate Thrivent Choice Dollars to DuPage Habitat for Humanity in support of this Faith Build.
Any one with a desire to help DuPage Habitat for Humanity engage and support families in need of affordable housing in our community should consider joining today. Share this opportunity with your friends, family and colleagues to help create a voice for children and families in need of a decent, affordable place to live! For additional information please contact Nina Fuentes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630.510.3737 ext. 310!
About Thrivent Builds with Habitat for Humanity
For over a decade, Thrivent Financial has partnered with Habitat to build safe, affordable homes in partnership with those living in poor housing conditions both in the United States and around the world through the Thrivent Builds program. The partnership blends the financial, volunteer and advocacy resources of Thrivent Financial and its members with the hands-on, global experiences of Habitat. To date, our combined efforts have resulted in more than 5.2 million volunteer hours donated by more than 727,000 Thrivent members and other volunteers as part of Thrivent Builds. Additionally, Thrivent and its members have contributed more than $226 million to Habitat since the Thrivent Builds with Habitat for Humanity partnership began in 2005.
- Amy Clark, Thrivent Financial
- Gerry Schmidt, Gary United Methodist Church
- Dave Neary, DuPage Habitat for Humanity
- Jonathan Tuck, Thrivent Financial
- Kathy McBane, Moms Building Bridges
- Lauren Crowley, DuPage Habitat for Humanity
- Nina Fuentes, DuPage Habitat for Humanity
- Pastor Ian Simkins, Community Christian Church- Naperville Yellow Box
- Reverend Tom Capo, DuPage Unitarian Universalist Church
- Rob Umlauf, Thrivent Financial
- Samantha Fisher, DuPage Habitat for Humanity