What We Buy
Our biggest challenge in wealthy DuPage is finding affordable land or homes to rehabilitate. We welcome donations, discounts and leads on potential projects. We are also willing to partner with for-profit developers seeking to incorporate affordable housing in their developments.
In vacant land, we are seeking lots:
- with city water and sewer
- without wetland determination
- at a price $100,000 per lot or less
In homes for rehabilitation, we are seeking homes that:
- need repairs that volunteers are capable of doing with guidance from the construction managers, for instance siding, window replacement, drywall replacement
- have access to city water and sewer
- have driveway parking and room for dumpsters
- have workable floor plans with at least 3 bedrooms (min 10' x 10')
- do not have foundation problems
- require $4,000 / year or less in property taxes
- are available for $150,000 per home or less
If you think that you may have a lot or home that might meet our needs, please contact us.