Will County Habitat ReStore is a retail outlet where quality new and like-new building materials are sold at discounted prices. Volunteers provide support to the ReStore staff and play a direct role in creating a positive shopping experience for customers. The profit from the sale of items at the ReStore enables Will County Habitat to build more homes and serve more families.
Possible tasks may include:
- Assisting ReStore employees in maintaining a clean and attractive store
- Performing small repairs
- Sorting donations
- Printing price tags and putting inventory on the shelves
- Assisting customers in making purchases
- Loading and unloading vehicles
- Working the cash register
- Picking up donations within the community
A weekly commitment is preferred; a minimum of one half day per week. Volunteer positions are available with flexible,Tuesdays through Saturdays, from 8:00AM to Noon, Noon to 2:00PM and 2:00PM to 4:00PM. Volunteers who are able to work both morning and afternoon shifts are greatly appreciated.
- Volunteers must be flexible and task-oriented. Tasks will vary on a daily basis depending on the current needs of the store and volunteer’s skills and abilities.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old to volunteer alone at the ReStore. 14-15 year olds would be allowed to volunteer if they are accompanied by an adult.
How Do I Volunteer?
To get started, please create a profile by clicking here, and sign up for an upcoming orientation on the Volunteer Opportunities Calendar. We look forward to you joining the Will County Habitat for Humanity family!