Own A Home
Is Habitat homeownership right for you? Becoming a Habitat homeowner is both a privilege and a responsibility. Each of our families meets established criteria and invests 250 to 500 hours of 'sweat equity' on the construction of their home. To learn more about how to become a DuPage Habitat homeowner, review how to apply, then attend one of our Homeowner Information Sessions.
- Earn incomes sufficient to pay their interest-free, 30-year mortgage to DuPage Habitat
- Strengthen the local community by paying property taxes and utilities in addition to spending disposable income locally
- Invest 250 'sweat equity' hours building their neighbors' homes, their own home and participating in finance, budgeting and basic home repair classes
- Work for local employers in essential service-related industries and positions
- Are covenant-required to keep their homes maintained and in good condition
- May not rent their homes thus ensuring a safer, owner-occupied neighborhood
- Participate in a shared equity appreciation.
Click here to learn more about our amazing Habitat homeowners and their success stories!