How to Become a Habitat for Humanity Homeowner
There are 5 basic qualifications for the Habitat for Humanity Chicago South Suburbs Homeownership Program.
- Demonstrate a Need for Housing: Is your current housing substandard or unsafe with many repairs needed? Overcrowded? Rent too high? Accessibility problems for yourself or a family member? If so, we may have a house for you in Chicago’s South Suburbs.
- Ability to Pay: Qualified families must be able to make timely monthly mortgage payments. Therefore, stability of your income should be reflected by past work history or other stable source of income.
- Ability to Partner: Prospective homeowners must INVEST a minimum of 250 hours of “sweat equity” for each applicant and co-applicant by working on DuPage Habitat homes, at fundraisers and events, at the ReStore, or in the office. Some hours must be invested in budgeting and financial classes.
- Live or work in Chicago South Suburbs.
- Meet Income Guidelines: We work exclusively with individuals and families who have incomes falling within 30-60% of Area Median Income:
Family Income Guidelines
For more information, please contact:
Habitat for Humanity Chicago South Suburbs
7258 Benton Drive
Frankfort, IL 60423
For further information call: (630) 510-3737 ext. 315 or