EDITORS AND PLANNING DESKS ******
Habitat for Humanity’s Largest Regional
Building Effort Concludes November 7
With Home Dedication Ceremonies
- On Saturday, November 7, several Chicago area Habitat for Humanity
affiliates will turn partner families in to homeowners as the nonprofits
present house keys to these hardworking individuals, who will settle in
to their new homes just in time for Thanksgiving.
- Since June 5, together in a regional effort,
Habitat for Humanity affiliates in Chicagoland coordinated more than 200 build
days in the region’s largest building blitz to date, Building On!
On! has been successful in raising nearly $500,000 and close to 750 new volunteers,
who joined the thousands who helped build these homes.
- In the last two years, Chicagoland Habitat
for Humanity has provided more than $1.3 million in financial and in-kind
support to affiliates to help increase the capacity to serve more families throughout
the Chicagoland area.
- Media are invited to attend
the Building On! home dedication and
learn more about Habitat for Humanity in Chicagoland. Learn more at www.chicagolandhabitat.org/buildingon and follow #BuildingOn2015.
- Saturday, November 7, 2015 from 1 to 2
Hernandez Family (HFH Lake County) 1107 Victoria Ave, North
Chicago, IL 60064-1136
home dedications/celebrations will take place on the same day and time at the
locations listed below:
- Home dedication ceremony
- Habitat for Humanity presenting house
keys to partner family
- Tour (inside and out) of a finished Habitat
for Humanity home
- Habitat for Humanity Lake County Executive
Director Julie Donovan
- Partner Family Filiberto “Berto” Hernandez and daughter Lluvia
(will receive a home)
- Executive Vice President of Wintrust
Mortgage and Chicagoland HFH Board Member Bob Shield